Golfer’s elbow is a common condition among golfers and non-golfers alike; in fact, anyone who puts consistent stress on the elbow may experience the condition.
Golfer’s elbow affects the soft tissues that surround the elbow, making range of motion difficult. And although the injury is treatable, it can cause significant discomfort in the meantime, making everyday actions challenging.
In this post, we answer:
- What is golfer’s elbow?
- Who gets golfer’s elbow?
- What are common symptoms of golfer’s elbow?
- What can I do for fast golfer’s elbow relief at home?
- What chiropractic solutions can effectively treat golfer’s elbow?
If you have pain related to golfer’s elbow, read on to learn how you can get it under control using chiropractic techniques and other natural at-home remedies.
Do I Have Golfer’s Elbow?
Medial epicondylitis is the medical name for golfer’s elbow. It’s a form of tendinitis occurring due to repetitive forceful wrist and finger motions. Pain typically appears on the inside of the elbow (as opposed to tennis elbow, which appears on the outside of the elbow).
The condition often results from inflammation of the tendons that attach the forearm muscles to the bone on the inside of the elbow. Those who regularly put excessive stress on the elbow tendons may suffer from golfer’s elbow.
Common causes of golfer’s elbow include:
- Racket sports, such as tennis or pickleball
- Sports involving throwing, such as baseball and frisbee
- Lifting weights
- Occupation or hobby-related movements, such as painting, construction, etc.
These activities are often part of the patient’s lifestyle, making it difficult or impossible to discontinue them. Because of this, it’s essential to seek care when your body shows signs of discomfort; this can help you avoid further injuries that could turn chronic and heighten your pain.
Common golfer’s elbow symptoms that your chiropractor can help improve:
- Discomfort that ranges from dull aches to intense pain
- Stiff elbow
- Loss or range of motion in the affected elbow
- Weakness in the hand and wrist
- Radiating pain from the forearm into the wrist
- Inability to work or participate in sports and exercise
- Sleep quality
- And more
Whether you have a sports injury, adhere to an improper lifting technique, or overuse your elbow, your golfer’s elbow can be successfully treated with in-clinic care and take-home guidance from your chiropractor.
Natural At-Home Remedies for Golfer’s Elbow Symptoms
The tips below can reduce the pain associated with golfer’s elbow and help with the healing process.
Chiropractor-approved tips to naturally treat golfer’s elbow symptoms at home include:
- If you’ve sustained an acute or sudden injury, apply ice to the elbow as soon as possible after the accident to reduce painful swelling and inflammation
- Once inflammation is controlled, apply heat to the elbow to remove tension and pressure within the tissues
- Use a brace to support the elbow by removing pressure while working or participating in activities causing damage to the elbow tissues
- Get plenty of sleep so your body can restore itself, consider taking a break from the activity causing golfer’s elbow, and remember to rest periodically if you continue with the activity
- Stretch the affected arm to keep the tissues and muscles stimulated, as sedentary behavior can cause further harm to the elbow and compromise healthy tissues or the elbow joint
Visit Our Boca Raton Chiropractic Clinic for Golfer’s Elbow Solutions That Work
Our team offers several chiropractic techniques to ensure your golfer’s elbow is optimally treated. We’ve seen our patients get lasting results and quickly return to the activities they love with the right treatment plan.
Our Boca Raton chiropractor will provide a comprehensive assessment to determine the exact cause of your symptoms, never taking a one-size-fits-all approach to your care.
Our chiropractic solutions that can help heal golfer’s elbow include:
Are you a golfer? Ask us about our Titleist Performance Institute certification and how we can benefit your advancement in the sport.
Contact our Boca Raton chiropractic clinic and get the safe, effective solutions you and your body deserve.