Headaches are one of the leading causes of people missing work and social engagements. Whether they’re chronic (ongoing) or come on sporadically, once we get a headache, the goal is to make it end as soon as possible.
Often, headache victims run to the medicine cabinet for a quick fix that doesn’t last long and does nothing to help end the headache but just masks the pain. Chiropractors take a different approach, evaluating the body comprehensively so they can end your pain by treating the condition causing it.
Chiropractic care can help reduce headache frequency and severity and give tips on keeping them away and what to do at home to relieve them faster should you be confronted with one.
This article goes over:
- Why we get headaches
- Tips to help avoid headaches
- Natural solutions to help relieve headaches at home
- Chiropractic methods to treat headaches
- And more
If you get headaches and want natural support to end them at the source, this post will tell you all about it.
Tips to Help Avoid Headaches
Headaches can strike anyone at any time. Even if brought on by triggers, often, we don’t notice those triggers until it’s too late or we simply can’t get away from them.
Knowing what brings on your headaches is important, as those things can be different for everyone.
Common causes of headaches include:
- Mental stress
- Poor posture
- Neck injury or imbalance
- Improperly setup work station
- Environmental factors
- Eye strain
- Sensory overload
- Dehydration and hunger
- Seasonal change
In many cases, your headaches can be managed by ensuring you care for your body. Working with an experienced headache chiropractor, you’ll find out how to optimize your neck and spine so they fully function and support you.
When soft tissue dysfunctions in the neck become normalized due to habitual poor movement patterns or posture, headaches typically aren’t a question of if, but when. Chiropractic services determine injuries in the body and provide uniquely designed wellness strategies to heal your body and help keep headaches at bay.
Your local chiropractor will also discuss many other aspects that could be causing or contributing to your headaches, including:
- Your workspace setup
- How to properly sit and stand
- Tips to help control stress
- Correct movement patterns
- Exercises and stretches to enhance strength and support
- And more
Tips to Help Reduce Headache Discomfort Naturally and Now
Triggers happen. Headaches happen. That’s how it is. In fact, more people complain about headaches than any other physical issue (even the common cold). So, what can you do to help get safe, natural headache relief at home?
Natural solutions to help get headache relief right now:
- Fix your posture- stack your spine and tuck your chin in a bit to ensure you’re not jutting your head forward and causing pressure on the neck’s soft tissues)
- Stretch your neck- bend the head forward, bend your ear toward the corresponding shoulder, rotate your head from side to side, draw circles with your nose
- Control your stress- remove yourself from a stressful situation, take a break, partake in breathing exercises, get some fresh air, take a walk
- Move away from heightened sensory areas- go to a dark room, avoid harsh noise or smells, put on a white noise machine
- Massage the neck and temples- gently massage tense muscles to promote relaxation
- Apply a cold cloth- put a cool pack on the back of your neck or across your eyes and forehead
- Eat and drink water
Chiropractic Solutions to Treat Headaches in South Florida
Taking care of your body is essential. When we don’t, many areas of life can be affected. Our South Florida chiropractic team has the natural, effective resources to help you find headache relief and give your invaluable tools to help keep them away.
Common chiropractic headache solutions include:
We’ve seen firsthand how getting the spine, joints, and soft tissues functioning can impact the body's comfort and reduce headaches.
Contact our Boca Raton chiropractic clinic or our Miami chiropractic clinic to learn how we can help you find lasting and reliable headache relief today.